OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SHIRLEY’S WAY goHaffers DRAWING
Shirley’s Way is a non-profit 501c3 90-1024077 Gaming License # ORG0002527 PRIZE MUST be Claimed within 30 days after the day the winning ticket is pulled. Unclaimed prizes from goHaffers will be donated back to Shirley’s Way
www.YouTube.com/c/ShirleysWay for all our raffles
WHAT IS goHaffers?
1. goHaffers is an online split the pot raffle benefiting Shirley’s Way
HOW DO YOU PLAY?
2. Tickets will be sold online for a period of time. Using Calculator.net a winner will be selected.
3. If there is a technical issue with the streaming of the drawing we will post the video of the drawing on our YouTube page and make sure to share the video instantly on our Facebook page. 4. For group purchases, in the event of a disagreement amongst the purchasers, the only obligation of Shirley’s Way is to issue the prize in the name of the person listed on the winning ticket.
WHAT IF I WIN?
5. All WINNERS are responsible for paying the applicable taxes on any prize they win. All prizes over $600.00 will be paid by check and Shirley’s Way will issue the WINNER a W2G, which will require the WINNER to provide her/his social security number. NO prize will be paid until the W2G information is provided. If a WINNER is unwilling to fill out a W2G, the prize will revert back to Shirley’s Way. For prizes of $5,000.00 or greater, Shirley’s Way is required to withhold the IRS backup withholding tax, currently set at 24% per IRS rules and regulations and KY 5% backup withholding tax.
6. Shirley’s Way reserves the right to require any WINNER to complete an affidavit of eligibility prior to payment of any prize. WINNERS will be required to Facetime or email Shirley’s Way a copy of an ID matching the name on the ticket.
7. To claim a winning prize, the purchaser must provide a valid government issued identification to prove they are the person in our gaming ticket database.
THE FINE PRINT
8. Any ticket purchased and returned to Shirley’s Way for play, shall become the sole property of Shirley’s Way and the WINNER waives any right to possession of the ticket.
9. All WINNERS agree that their image and identity may be used by Shirley’s Way for advertising purposes or any other lawful purpose without compensation.
10. You must be 18 years of age or older to play. If a WINNER is not 18 years of age or older the prize is forfeited and shall revert to Shirley’s Way.
11. Shirley’s Way reserves the right to list any WINNER on any subsequent advertising, into perpetuity, without compensation.
12. Shirley’s Way reserves the right to discard any online purchase if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the purchase may have been affected by hacking, security breaches, bugs or any other type of online tampering. Such purchase may be discarded and ruled ineligible after a winning draw only upon good cause and within 48 hours of the drawing. Due to the nature of online ticket purchases. It is possible, but unlikely that we could have a duplicate ticket situation. This
could happen if 2 people purchase tickets at the same exact time. The digital ticketing tool assigns ticket numbers as they are purchased. We often have a large amount of tickets purchased at the very last minute which could cause a duplicate ticket situation. If a duplicate ticket is selected we will enter into a “Showdown”. The “Showdown” numbers on our list are directly to the left of the first names on our list of tickets. We will place the “Showdown” numbers in Calculator.net. and a winner will be selected from the identified duplicate ticket holders. See Example in the graphic below. Our “Showdown” numbers are highlighted in red. The numbers 8-11 are just for illustration in this example and could be different numbers during the actual drawing. IE: 8 (lower limit) and 11 (upper limit) would be entered in Caluculator.net and a winner would be generated.
13. This contest is only valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
14. All tickets purchased will be entered into the Shirley’s Way donation database so Shirley’s Way can communicate about upcoming drawings and specials.
15. Winner need not be present to win.
16. #HAFF, #goHAFF and any other version of HAFF is defined as half the pot. Half was not available when we began our drawings to we selected HAFF